Corona Virus Update
CLIFTON SPRINGS BOWLING CLUB
5 AUGUST 2020
TO ALL MEMBERS
NEW STAGE 3 RESTRICTIONS
Following announcements of new restrictions, the following directions will apply from midnight Wednesday 5 August 2020 until midnight 13 September 2020:
Members may only use the greens for practice/roll-ups, no social bowls/competitions.
The clubhouse will be closed, except for access to toilets and to use sign-in register for practice.
- Conditions for practice/roll-ups which must be adhered to:
- Wear a mask. A mask must be worn at all times on and off the green.
- Register your attendance on booking form inside new entrance door.
- 10 members only per green, with only 2 members per rink, 5 rinks per green able to be used with 1.4 metres between rinks.
- Please use hand sanitiser upon entry and when you leave.
- Mats to be handled by one and the same person at each end with a glove or bowling arm. Disposable gloves are available for your use.
- Jacks to be moved by foot only, no rolling of the jack.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times. No touching of other members bowls, no high fives, no hand shaking.
- No gatherings before, after or during your session.
- When your session is completed, disinfect mat and jack and put away.
- Record your departure time on booking sheet, hand sanitise, go to your car or transport and go home.
- Note: Only club members can use the greens for this period.
- There must be no spectators, non-bowling family members etc. on the club grounds
- Toilet facilities can be used.
- Lock the gate if last one leaving
The above directions set out what is required of us in this new stage of restrictions and still being able to get out on the greens. They are about keeping us all as safe and healthy as possible, with each of us having a responsibility to ourselves and each other.
On behalf of the Board
The original Clifton Springs Hotel was located at or about this site wherein a Bowling Green had always been envisaged
Of historical significance is the well documented fact that adjacent to the Bowling Club site are the remains of the first Mineral Springs/Spa development on the Bellarine Peninsula which was established around 1870. Subsequently a Hotel was built together with many jetties to cater for the burgeoning tourist trade as well as water supply, produce and shell grit export. The Hotel burnt to the ground in 1921 and a second hotel replaced it in 1926. This was remodelled about 1957 to become The Clifton Springs Country Club. In 1977 the property was acquired by The Shire of Bellarine. It was later purchased by The Clifton Springs Golf Club and remodelled once again.
It is noteworthy that our Bowling Club now stands on the land once the site of the original hotel’s staff quarters
The Bowling Club is located on the Southern shore of Corio Bay, on the Bellarine Peninsula and immediately west of The Clifton Springs Golf Course.
Ample parking is available adjacent to the Club.
property & assets director
Our Club is fully licensed, with full kitchen facilities. All staffing is by Members as volunteers. There are three synthetic greens ( only two in use ) and are playable year round.
FULL PLAYING MEMBERSHIP
ONLY $175 per year
FIRST YEAR FULL MEMBERSHIP*
$100 per year
SOCIAL PLUS MEMBERSHIP
$100 per year
WITH SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP ON OFFER at $10 p.a.
NO JOINING FEE.
Lockers are also available for $15 per year
Social group enquiries are welcome and should be made either by Phone to 5251 3555 or Fax 5251 1260Membership Application
Mixed Social Bowls where Visitors are most welcome is played on Thursday afternoons.
Mens 2 Bowls Triples is held on the first Wednesday of every month.
New Members are most welcome and are afforded free coaching by our qualified and most capable coaches. Loan bowls are available for beginners at no cost.
Practice is encouraged with greens set aside daily by the Greens Director who indicates which Greens are available and the direction of play for that day.